As I was reading In Style today, I found a fun article that was titled, “10 Things Every Woman Must Own.” The magazine asked stylist, Nicole Chavez to give her input on what fashion pieces are a must in every women’s wardrobe. This is what she came up with:
1. Tailored Blazer: This is one of those pieces that can never go out of style. You can dress it up or down, and wear it with anything from a dress to trousers.
2. Leopard Scarf: It is always best to pair a basic outfit (jeans and a plain top) with a printed scarf. This will make your look more interesting!
3. Red Flats: Most people tend to go with a more basic color like black. But, red attracts more attention and adds some more flair.
4. Striped Top: Striped tops always seem to look chic when you pair it with fun accessories and jeans.
5. Statement Necklace: A statement necklace is always a smart accessory to have because it can make your outfit that much more dramatic.
6. Little Black Dress: Even men are aware that every lady should own at least one little black dress. This is the type of dress that can be worn out at night with some friends, or even on a romantic date. Make sure it is a special one with certain details that other dresses don’t have.
7. Black Opaque Tights: Black tights are essential in every women’s wardrobe. Everyone has heard that black makes you look slimmer, and this is definitely the case with a good pair.
8. Oversized Watch: Most people wear watches, but if you are anything like me, I wear them only for the fabulous look of them. It is a great accessory to add to your outfit.
9. Classic Trench: This is one of those pieces where you want to invest your money in. Buy a good one, because you will have it forever. You can wear this over any outfit that you maybe wearing.
10. Flared Jeans: Now a days, the skinny jean is what is most popular, but some people can’t wear this style. Flared jeans are a type of jean that flatters any body type, and looks great with a pair of heels or wedges.
Inspiration of the day: ” Your dresses should be tight enough to show you’re a woman and loose enough to show you’re a lady.”- Edith Head
Read Full Post »