Last night I was craving orange scones. Don’t ask me why, I just was. Yes, I do have a highly developed sense of taste, thanks to my mom, who is an extraordinary cook.I was always blessed with feasts almost every night, that were prepared with the freshest ingredients. As I was trying to calm my craving down, I started looking for a recipe but nothing seemed to shout out to me. So, I decided to use parts of ladycraddock’s recipe, but alter it to my liking. Let me just tell you, they came out delicious! I am a firm believer in going with your instinct when it comes to cooking. Be a little daring, you don’t have to follow a recipe 100%.
What You Will Need
1 Stick of cold Butter
2/3 Cups of Oats
1 1/2 Cups of Flour
2 Teaspoons of Baking Powder
1 Pinch of Salt
2 Tablespoons of Sugar
Zest from 1 medium sized Orange (the whole thing)
2/3 Cup Whipping Cream
1/4 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
2 Pinches of Cinnamon
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
2. Place Oats into a blender until it is ground into a very fine flour like substance.
3. Add the Flour, Sugar, Baking Powder, Salt, Cinnamon, and Zest to the Oats. Mix until everything is thoroughly combined together.
4. Add the cold butter (cut it into 4 pieces to make it easier to blend).
5. Add the Vanilla Extract, Whipping Cream, and Egg to the dry ingredients and mix until everything is combined together.
6. Place Saran Wrap on the counter with some flour over it, and place the dough on top, and flatten it out. Cut the dough into triangle like pieces and place onto baking pan.
7. Bake for 25-30 minutes.
8. Once you take the little pieces of heaven out of the oven, brush some Whipping Cream on the tops of each one, and sprinkle some Sugar and Cinnamon on top.
9. Let them cool, but only for a little, because they are extra delicious to eat when they are warm (especially with some milk)!
Inspiration of the day: ” I have always believed that you don’t have to be rich to have style.”- Diane Von Furstenberg